Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Project 52 - Week 1

So you might be wondering, "What is Project 52?" If you have ever heard of Project 365 (P365 for short), it is the same concept only on a smaller scale. P365 is a photography project where a person takes a picture a day for an entire year. It is supposed to help get the creative juices going (Heck, you would have to get creative to think of something new to photograph every day!) and improve photography skills. It is also a great way to capture the events of a year in your life. Sometimes, people have a theme for the year or for different days of the week. I think the hardest version I have ever seen is the self-portrait theme! I would not be able to come up with 365 different ways to photograph myself! P52 is just a smaller version where you only have to take one picture a week. Now, I'm not going to limit myself to one picture each week of course. I don't think I can get my camera out and only take one picture!

This week (or really last week, since I took these last week but didn't get around to posting them until today), being the first week of the new year, I decided to take pictures of my two favorite new things. First up is my new camera lens! For those who know about camera lenses, it is a Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8.



My other new favorite thing is something Santa brought Ben! Hot Wheels Criss Cross Crash! Basically, the cars go around and around in a four leaf clover until the crash into each other and go flying off. The boys and I have had a lot of fun trying to get the cars on and watching them fly off! Here is a picture of two cars speeding through.


Again.

About to crash!

Oh! And flying through the air!

Flying again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...