Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Meals - Cranberry Roast

If you know Mr. Bear (Yes, James should be included as one of the bears I live with. He is loud and messy too! Where do you think they got it from?) very well, then you know he can be a picky eater. He would be very content if I made steak and potatoes every night. So I try to frequently test out new recipes in order to expand the list of things I can serve. I thought I would try to share with you some of the ones we have tried (and liked!) on Mondays.

First up is Cranberry Roast. I got it from the Crockpot 365 blog, which I love! A bonus for anyone who has celiac's disease or follows a gluten free diet, one of her children has celiac's so every recipe is gluten free. Mr. Bear recently declared this his favorite meal that I make, so you know it is good!

Cranberry Roast

2-3 Pounds of Beef or Pork Roast or Stew Chunks
1 Tbs Dried Onion Flakes or 1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
2 Tbs Soy Sauce
1 (16-ounce) Can Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce

Put meat in your slowcooker (crockpot) and add the onion and soy sauce. Pour the entire can of cranberry sauce over the top. Do not add water. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, or on high for 5-6.

That's it! Very yummy!

Last time I made it, I couldn't remember if it was soy sauce or worcestershire sauce, so I ended up putting a little of both and it was still yummy. We like the kind of roast where the meat ends up in little "strings" (know what I'm talking about?), but since I can never remember exactly what that kind is called we sometimes end up with different kinds. If you use a different cut of meat, you may want to pour some of the sauce on the meat when you serve it so it won't be dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...