Saturday, April 9, 2011

Project 52 - Week 11

Week 11 is Mar. 13-19. Still pretty cold up here, so we drove down to the base and took the kids bowling. On the way we stopped at the Base Exchange and bought a new dryer! Yay! If you don't know, the one our landlords left here is eating all our clothes so it is time for a new one. We had lunch at the bowling center, where we discovered there is an A&W. To my dismay the A&W was out of rootbeer and I ended up with a Dr. Pepper float. Definitely not as satisfying. James wanted to use the base gym, so the boys got an extra treat in the form of a visit to the base's indoor playground. Pretty good day in Alaska!

These are not my best pictures. But really, in this case I can blame the camera. As I learn about how to use my camera in manual mode, I am finding out what limitations it has. One of them being it just can't handle low light situations. And let me tell you, a bowling alley is definitely a low light situation! I need either a flash (other than the junky pop up flash that is already on the camera) or a new, better camera. Shhh! Don't tell Daddy Bear! This idea won't be popular! But really I need a camera that will be able to go higher than ISO 1600. So with that, I am now accepting donations to the "Help Mommy Get a New Camera Fund!"











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...