Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Meals - Creamy Mushroom Crockpot Chicken

You may notice that I am all about trying crockpot recipes. I love my crockpot! It makes evenings so much easier! I have had this week's recipe scribbled down for awhile on a scrap of paper. I can no longer remember where I found it, so whoever invented this one THANK YOU! We all liked this recipe.

Creamy Mushroom Crockpot Chicken

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or however many)
1 jar mushroom gravy
1 pkg dry Italian seasoning
1 small can diced green chilis
1 cup milk
8oz cream cheese

Cook the first four ingredients on Low 6 hours. The last 30minutes to an hour add in the milk and cream cheese.

I wasn't sure what a package of dry Italian seasoning was, so I went with one of those packs to make Italian dressing that are found with the salad dressings. I'm still not sure if this was right but since we liked it so much, I don't care! (Although, if someone wants to correct me I would be glad to try this recipe again with the correct ingredient)

The chicken looked and smelled really good before I added the milk and cream cheese. Next time we might try it without and end up with two different dishes in our rotation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...