Thursday, February 10, 2011

10 on the 10th - February

1. The lights in the parking lot of the elementary school were off this morning! I predict that in another week, my automatic headlights won’t come on during the morning drive either. Yay for more sun!

2. On that note, the sun rose at 8:56 am and set at 5:32 pm today. That is 8 hours and 35 minutes of sun for today. 2 hours and 30 more minutes than on the 10th of last month!

3. My new favorite activity is dropping James and the big boys off at a movie and taking Baby Bear over to Target to browse during the movie. We sit at Starbucks for a while and then wander the isles of Target for an hour or two. Hours of quiet Target browsing with a baby snuggled up to you. Heaven!

4. Speaking of Baby Bear, since the last Ten on the Tenth, Eli has finally started sitting up. He was doing the “If I move a muscle, I will fall over, I can only sit up for about 10 seconds” kind of sitting up or just flat out refusing to try by straightening out his whole body, for a long time.

5. Monday was the 100th day of school for Will. I can’t believe he is almost out of Kindergarten! He is getting so big! I measured him up to myself yesterday and he comes up to my armpits already! James says that is because I am so short. Hmph!

6. The boys have started putting on shows. They charge anywhere from $.25 to $1 for admission. It is quite cute!

7. I am in love with Bear Naked cookies! They are so good! Pretty healthy for a cookie too. The first ingredient in them is whole grain oats. If you can’t find them at your store, order them here and here. They are worth it!





8. We saw a Moose in the neighborhood yesterday. First one we have seen inside the neighborhood. She was across the street from our mailbox (which is nowhere near our house). I didn’t get the mail on our way home from school because of it. I didn’t have my camera with me and I wasn’t going to risk my life by getting out of the car unless I at least had pictures to show for it! My Moose sighting count is now up to 3.

9. I think James liked our trip to Disneyworld last spring break more than anyone in the house. He mentions planning a trip back at least once a week.

10. Our good friends, the Tonks, are moving to Alaska this summer! I couldn’t be more excited! James also tells me that another set of friends may also be getting an assignment up here this summer, but he doesn’t know if they know it yet. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...