Sunday, June 12, 2011

10 on the 10th - Late Again

Late again, but here it is!

1. This is my last ten on the tenth for the year to say the days are getting longer. June 21st is the longest day of the year and then we will start heading back into the dark days of winter. We still have many more long days of light to enjoy before then though! This morning the official sunrise time was 4:24 am and sunset time will be 11:35 pm. 19 hours and ten minutes of sun! So today will have 13 hours and 5 minutes more of sun than my first ten on the tenth in January! The 21st will have 19 hours and 22 minutes of sun. What this means is that it never truly gets dark here. In the middle of the night we have dark twilight type of light, but I can still clearly see the neighbors house if I look out the window.

2. Eli has been fighting ear infections for over a month now and after 3 rounds of antibiotics he no longer has an infection, but there is still fluid both ears. The fluid is a breeding grounds for bacteria and could cause him to develop another infection, so we have an appointment with the ENT next week. Pray that the doctor can help him or his ears have cleared up by then!

3. Ben's soccer is in full swing now! He really loves it! His age group plays 3 on 3 with no goalie, so there are only six kids on his team.

4. We are planning to have a big first birthday celebration for Eli when we travel to San Antonio next month. I have been consumed with the party planning lately. I'm finding all kinds of cute stuff! Like these adorable milk bottles from Shop Sweet Lulu!



5. Wild Animal Sighting Count: Moose-4, Bears-1, Beavers-1

6. We have been doing a lot of fishing lately. We spent an entire Saturday recently driving to several lakes nearby. Still haven't caught anything, but the salmon are starting to come in so we are excited to try salmon fishing!

7. Only a few weeks until we will meet our niece! I'm so excited that we will get to be in San Antonio when she arrives (unless she decides to come more than a week early)! Annie and I are planning a shower for her and I having a lot of fun planning that too!

8. We had to take Eli to the emergency room last week. He was running a fever and had a febrile seizure. It was quite scary for mommy! I have since learned that they are more common than I knew. You can read about them from the Mayo Clinic. It seems to have been a virus that caused the fever since Eli's ears are currently infection free (but not fluid free).

9. My current favorite snack is the Larabar. So good and with healthy ingredients! I have tried 8 of the flavors and loved all but one. Wish I could find the other flavors for sale somewhere!

10. I heading to bed now. I'm going to watch the movie "Taken" with James. Although I do like the movie, I wish FX would stop playing it. It is all we have watched all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...