Wednesday, May 11, 2011

10 on the 10th ~ May (Late Edition)

1. James is taking master's classes online to finish his master's degree. This is translating into work for both of us, as I am the family secretary.

2. We have officially become A's fans. Knik Little League Tee Ball A's that is. It is the team William is on and games started on Saturday!



3. Today the two younger boys and I got to go on William's field trip to the Alaska Zoo. It was a lot of fun and the first time we have been. It is quite small, but we enjoyed it anyway. Most of the animals are native to Alaska, except for a few tigers and a Bactrian Camel (that is the kind with two humps. Sally the camel has two humps, Sally the camel has .... ok now that song s stuck in my head). The camel was my favorite because I have never seen a two humped camel before. I learned that they grow a tick winter coat, so they are a good fit for a zoo in Alaska. I had to laugh that they had two ravens on display since they can be seen in every parking lot in town.



4. Speaking of the ravens (or Birdzillas as I call them), the seagulls have returned for summer and all the ravens seem to have disappeared. Their enormous size, mean looking eyes, and the fact that they disappear in the summer makes them one scary bird to me! I have however learned that they are an extremely intelligent bird and very hard to capture.

5. Eli finally has teeth! The two middle ones on the bottom are almost fully in and are very cute. I don't see anymore coming anytime soon though.

6. The days are certainly getting long! The sun came up at 5:26 am today and will set at 10:28 pm. That is 17 hours and 2 minutes of light.

7. Tick (This is Ben's nickname for those who don't know) says the funniest things. Lately, it has been the way he says Chuck-E-Cheesus and per-pelican (for his stuffed animal pelican) that has us laughing.

8. School will be out next week for Will. We will see how I manage with three active boys at home all day long!

9. Spring is here! We are starting to see green buds on the trees. I can't wait to see what it looks like around here when spring s in full bloom.

10. Yes, I know this is a day late. We were very busy yesterday and when I started working on this last night, the wireless internet on the laptop went out so I gave up for the night. I would have made it 11 on the 11th, but as you can see I came up a little short on things to write about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...